Today, we spend most of our time indoors, which leads us to breathe in a more polluted atmosphere than we could imagine. Occasionally, this air is dirtier than is aspirated abroad, even in large cities. This circumstance can cause the productivity of a company to be diminished by the discomfort of the employees in their workspace, either by heat or bad smells; in the same way, if the air that is being breathed is not renewed, it can lead to illness. Four things you should keep in mind:
1) Know what level of comfort you want to achieve.
2) Know the current climatic conditions, since it is real that year after year, the climate is modified in a perceptible way, a natural factor that forces us to take the necessary measures to adapt.
3) To know what type is appropriate (window, mini-split or multi-split) you have to identify exactly the size of the space to be conditioned and the type of voltage you have.
4) To determine the necessary capacity, several factors must be determined with precision: location of the house, number and size of windows, and whether it has thermal insulation or not.
The manager added that the difference between ventilation and conditioning is that the ventilation is a renewal of the air (changed oxygen is changed by new air, usually from outside), and the conditioning is the handling of the air to change its temperature conditions, humidity and cleaning of contaminants to provide comfort.
Which one I choose?
The types of air conditioning currently available are divided into the window, split and portable.
Window: They are recognized by their size, noise and sometimes by the water that they bounce out of the places they cool. Although the technology managed to improve this type of machines, its placement requires a masonry job, because the architecture must be modified to but place it. In terms of aesthetics, the window is in general large square devices whose roughness is far from competing with the anatomical and subtle designs of modern versions.
Split: They are the youngest technologically; they do not require any architectural modification to install them in your home. They are two units linked by a pipe, very comfortable to install and absolutely silent. Laptops are usually purchased by companies and are the most expensive and impractical for the home.
A very large system will not remove moisture from the air, and a very small system will not keep the house cold on warmer days.
However, in order to choose the size of the air conditioner, you not only have to consider the size of the house, but you also have to take into account other factors, such as:
- windows (allowing outside heat input)
- roof insulation level
- how many people live in the house and what is their lifestyle
The capacity of the air conditioner must be adequate for the room. A large unit is not necessarily better. A smaller unit that is on for a prolonged period works more efficiently and dehumidifies the air better than a large unit that turns on and off too often.